Monday 21 April 2008

Updates and other things.

Yes, I know, they have slowed up a bit. Too many other things happening with work and family, which had well and truely side tracked me again for awhile and will continue to do so for some time to come. Although there have not been any updates to the website for awhile I have still found some time to spend on my own Family History as well as doing some serious research on the Horsington Hannam's which is quite interesting although very involved.

Over the coming months I will finish off the 1841 census for the South East Somerset Parishes and will also be doing some of the 1851 census records as well. Most of the 1841 census transcriptions are finished except for the 2nd part of Wincanton. They mainly need outstanding queries and checks to be done, which for Wincanton is proving difficult as I don't have enough supporting records to be able to cross check properly. I also plan to continue on with transcribing the Horsington PR's which I did start about 2 yrs ago. I hope to start on transcribing some of the other Somerset PR's as well, starting with a re-check of Stowell as I don't have them all online yet. My involvement with the Cornwall OPC project will see a continuation of transcribing records for both Gwinear and Mawgan in Meneage. I hope to keep adding to the website every 10 to 14 days for the forseeable future.

There are many other records to be transcribed and added to the website including Directories, Parish Register transcripts, more census records for parishes surrounding those that I concentrate on and these include those on the Dorset side of the County Line. So there is plenty to keep me busy. Another thing I would like to sort out on the website is the search function. I am looking at upgrading this so that search results can be refined.

Following on from the Cornwall OPC project, late last year I got involved with the Somerset OPC project and I will post more about this project here, later.(See the South East Somerset page for more information) There will also be seen here information covering the Somerset Record Society and Somerset & Dorset Notes & Queries over the next week or two.

All the Best
Roger

No comments: