Sunday 8 July 2007

Gwinear, Cornwall - OPC Project

Those of you who have been involved with family history for awhile will know what the OPC Project is, but for those who are new to Family History, OPC stands for "Online Parish Clerk". The Cornwall project I think was the first one started off and this worthwhile Project has now spread to many other English County's. Basically we are volunteers who collect, collate and transcribe records for a chosen specific parish. Most volunteers have a website for there chosen parishes and there is also a central website which is well worth a visit (click here).

Anyway onto the first of two updates for this weekend. I had not done any work on the Gwinear page for quite sometime. I was having a look through it the other day and realised that I had never re-checked the burial records online that were done long before I got the new software I now use that makes it easier to read some of these very faded records. So I launched into a full check of the 1700+ burial Transcriptions online and corrected mistakes and added in the missing entries as I could now read them, so it is far more complete than it was. I also added another 20 years of transcripts from 1751 to 1770.

Roger

No comments: